Terms of Services of Puzl
Terms of Service - Puzl business platform
Last revised on the 09/01/2013
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your access to and the use of the services of PUZL’s websites (the “Services”), and any information, text, graphics, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (collectively referred to as “Content”). Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree as a “User” to be bound by these Terms.
Our basic website builder and hosting solution is offered to you free of charge. Our free solution is supported by advertising. You will also have the opportunity to upgrade your account and purchase optional Premium Services and additional features as may be made available by us, Applications, our affiliates or business partners from time to time.
1. Basic Terms
1.1 Nature of the agreement
You will not use PUZL if you are under the age of 16 or deprived from the capacity to contract or to commerce. You will not use PUZL if you are a convicted sex offender.
You are responsible for your personal or professional use of the Services, for any content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services and through third party services and websites. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms. By sharing this content you give the right to PUZL to display it anywhere; however maintaining your name and brand as well as maintaining ownership. You should have the right of ownership and/or distribution of the content you place on Puzl regarding our copyright policy.
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with PUZL and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United Kingdom or other applicable jurisdictions. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
The Services that PUZL provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that PUZL provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, PUZL may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you. We retain full ownership of all the services provided by PUZL.
1.2 Content on the Services
1.2.1 Nature of the content
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and, we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk. Content should be exclusively professional. Pages with a personal or leisure content (including but not limiting to fan pages, personal blogs) will be suppressed by the PUZL team.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will PUZL be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
No adult’s matter, pornographic, pedophile, racist, terrorist, hacker, scams or other considered illegal will be running on PUZL’ hosts. The customer runs a risk of being prosecuted in justice by PUZL or any legal authority if being caught hosting matter that we, courts, or the law considered illegal.
The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by PUZL on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for PUZL granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that PUZL and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
1.2.3 Active competition – The community referral program
Puzl has introduced a sponsoring system to develop the community. Thanks to this offer and by inviting new members to the PUZL platform, you will benefit of free advertising banner clicks for each new member you refer. As PUZL grows, you will also benefit from a higher SEO therefore been even more visible in search engine results. The advertising links are positioned on the Puzl platform. On the date of this terms and conditions, each link click has a face value of £0.25 (excl.VAT). The value of a link is estimated and therefore not indicative; these links are nominative, non-reimbursable and non-exchangeable and cannot be the object of any commercial agreement with another PUZL member or a third party. Each link will be deemed as used once clicked by a visitor. The number of links awarded for an active competition operation will be announced in front of each active competition registration form. Statistics will inform you of how many links have so far been awarded. We reserve the right to place those links within the PUZL content at our discretion. If you or PUZL terminate your account for any reason these links will be deemed completed and cancelled without any compensation for you. We will inform you where and when these links have been placed and used as soon as our statistics module will allow it. PUZL can without notice to you end this program without any compensation to users. Violating or using unfair techniques such as but not limited to creating fake profiles will allow the PUZL Team to cancel the links awarded to the contravening user and exclude him from competition with the ultimate consequence of termination without notice or compensation of their PUZL account.
1.2.4 Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target your specific audience by buying ads on PUZL or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal ("Order"):
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payment Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- Your ads will comply with our Guidelines for advertising
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads. We do, however, have systems to detect and filter certain suspicious activity. Feel free to contact us to learn more about this.
- You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for those ads.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain on PUZL until the users delete it.
- We have the right to use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with PUZL without written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. PUZL cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
4.1 Your Rights
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). In any cases, you will not be able to claim for the property of the website. For this reason, PUZL can end its services without notice and without compensation to you.
You agree that this license includes the right for PUZL to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with PUZL for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use. Thus, such additional uses by PUZL, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with PUZL, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be rebroadcasted by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. PUZL will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by PUZL in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
PUZL gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software and PUZL that is provided to you by PUZL as part of the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by PUZL, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
4.2 PUZL Rights
All rights, titles, and interests in and to the Services (excluding Content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of PUZL and its licensors. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the PUZL name or any of the PUZL trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding PUZL, or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
As a condition to access PUZL, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
4.3 Do undertake the following
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by PUZL concerning the Services;
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
- Reply diligently and accurately to your customers’ requests. Puzl has the right to delete any profile or webpage that would be deemed by the Puzl Team as inactive especially but not only following customers’ complains.
4.4 Don’t undertake the following:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to PUZL;
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on PUZL (excluding content posted by you) except expressly authorized by PUZL;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- Include information in your profile or elsewhere, except in designated fields, that reveals your identity or sensitive personal information such as an email address, website url, phone number or address or is confidential in nature;
- Create a user profile for anyone other than a natural person;
- Utilize information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from PUZL to provide any service that is competitive, in PUZL’s sole discretion, with PUZL;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by PUZL unless you have entered into a written agreement with PUZL;
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on PUZL or technology underlying the Services, or other Users’ content, in whole or part, except as expressly permitted by PUZL;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to PUZL in or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- Use bots or other automated methods to add or download contacts, send or redirect messages or other permitted activities other than through PUZL-sanctioned tools such as its application programming interfaces or its own services or integrations with other, partner services;
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, PUZL for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality or for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of PUZL’s website;
- Attempt to or actually access PUZL by any means other than through the interfaces provided by PUZL;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying PUZL;
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications to other Users or PUZL, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on PUZL, including those of both PUZL and any of its licensors;
- Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on PUZL;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using PUZL;
- Collect, use or transfer any information, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from PUZL except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- Share information of PUZL without their express consent;
- Interfere with or disrupt PUZL, including but not limited to any servers or networks connected to PUZL;
- Use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on PUZL;
- Infringe or use PUZL’s brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “PUZL” in any business name, email, or URL or including PUZL’s trademarks and logos except as provided in the guidelines or as expressly permitted by PUZL;
Upload, post, email, Private Message, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including website url, telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by PUZL;
- Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of PUZL or any User of PUZL; forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople to the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices
4.5 Restrictions on Content and Use of the Services
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services and to terminate users or reclaim usernames. Please review the PUZL RULES (which are part of these Terms) to better understand what is implied on the Service. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of PUZL, its users and the public.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services: (i) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, PUZL’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of PUZL’s providers; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by PUZL (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with PUZL ; (iv) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or (v) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
5. Copyright Policy
PUZL respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, PUZL will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is:
Vasco Web Limited
40 Lord Street, Stockport SK1 3NA
Stockport UNITED KINGDOM
6. The Services are Available “AS-IS”
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services is provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, PUZL AND ITS PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any content thereon. PUZL will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any Content. You also agree that PUZL has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from PUZL or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by PUZL of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
8. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PUZL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT PUZL HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for PUZL, we can stop providing all or part of PUZL to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the provisions relative to privacy, copyright, advertising, Internet security or liability will still apply.
11. Waiver and Severability
The failure of PUZL to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
12. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of United Kingdom without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in United Kingdom, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. If you are accepting these Terms on behalf of a United Kingdom government entity that is legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you but instead these Terms and any action related thereto will be will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom (without reference to conflict of laws)
We may revise these Terms from time to time; the most current version will always be at www.puzl.com/en/terms. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via an @PUZL update or e-mail to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
These Services are operated and provided by Vasco Web Limited
Effective: April 21, 2011